May 9, 2013

thistle & peach post

The green thingies that Nan-nan is holding I think are peaches.  They looked like peaches on the inside.  Because my friend named Benjamin stomped on one and Hudson and Sam said that that was a sign of a peach.


The purple flowers that Keturah was holding are called thistles.  Once, I pressed thistles and dandelions.  The dandelions, they started to change to the fluffy stuff that you blow off the flower.  The thistles were a little flat.

Remember, kids' noses don't come off . . . Moyer

2 comments:

  1. Moyer , I like this post about the thistles and peaches. I was in your neighborhood today but didn't have time to see you...maybe next week I can drop by ;-) Love,....."Aunty Marilyn"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moyer,
    The green peaches fall off if the flowers were not properly pollinated. It is God's way of giving the pollinated ones more of the nutrients so they grow better. I think you can make a kind of pickle with them.
    Sandy who lives in England.

    ReplyDelete