May 24, 2012

my recipe

This morning the activity was:



My mom let us CO-OO-OK!  With real ingredients to make PLAY FOO-OOD!



The first ingredient was salt.  I shook it into my mixing bowl from the salt shaker. Next was the millet.  And then, we put a little bit of oatmeal.  And then some buckwheat, and then some water.  And then some guavas, and then some ginger.  And then some more millet.  And then some oatmeal again.  And then some dried guava.  I used all of my dried guavas.  I mixed them with a whisk.  It got pretty thick, and my whisk started to get lots of the ingredients in it so I had to hit it on the bowl.



I asked Keturah for some dough.  Then she let me have the rest, and I scraped it with my spoon, and I started mix-mixing, and then I put some ginger powder in it--a lot.  Then it got really brown--browner than Keturah's.  Browner than she made hers.


That is Keturah's bowl.  She's making it into brown milk using ginger powder.  I wanted to include one of Keturah's pictures just for fun.



Remember, kids' noses don't come off . . . Moyer

13 comments:

  1. Wow, Moyer. I enjoy your approach to cooking. You are very scientific. I am also glad that you included one of Keturah's pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, thank you for joining my blog. I love you and it's very good to have you join my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moyer,
    thank you for sharing your cooking. I love to cook too. We should cook together again on our next visit. Maybe we can make dog treats for Chaos and Mayhem!
    Auntie K8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you make dog treats? (Can you please write me back how?) It would be fun to do it with you sometime.

      Delete
    2. http://thinkoutsidethebreadbox.blogspot.com/2011/05/chaoss-glut
      en-free-cookies.html?m=1

      Here is the link to the dog treats. Chaos & Mayhem highly recommend the peanut butter flavor.

      Delete
  4. Moyer,

    I really enjoyed your step-by-step description of your cooking. I could imagine being there. Thank you for sharing such a fun time.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my blog, and thank you for looking at my post! I got many other comments . . . Love, Moyer

      Delete
  5. Moyer, you should really star a cooking blog. I am wondering how your recipe tastes though, can you describe that too? Did you try cooking it? If you have any favorite recipes to share, I'd be super excited to try them out. Anyway, I'm super duper impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't really cook it, but I don't know how it would taste if we did cook it! I did make lemonade and my mom said it was really good--better than the kind you buy at the store in America. The first thing you put in the lemonade is fresh lemons, and then the next thing you put in is some water, then sugar, that's it. But we had to take a lot of test-taste-es.

      Delete
  6. Moyer, I saw you today at Fellowship...right on the same row where we were sitting. I also like your blog, and your blog-helper (your mom).....Are you also glad that BIG people's noses don't come off too? I am. Everyone would look really funny if their noses happened to just pop off, right? We miss living near you. Love, Aunt Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very like it when you join my blog. I am very very very very happy. Thank you for telling me that. Yes, I am. (Mom's note: glad that BIG people's noses don't come off too.) Love, Moyer

      Delete
  7. Moyer,
    I like this activity. It must have been very fun! Your mom is a very nice mom to let you and Keturah do activities like this. My favorite picture is the muffin pan pictures because it shows many different kinds of things that you made.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that, and you're welcome to my blog!

      Delete